Prep Time: 30 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes minutes
Number of Servings: 8 people
- 1 - Can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 Bulbs of Garlic
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. of Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs or Panko
- 1 - Large Eggplant
- 1 - bag of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 fillets of Anchovy
- 2 tbsp. of minced parsley
- 3 oz. of Arugula
- Place a can of Tomato Sauce in a small sauce pan
- Shave 1 garlic bulb into sauce add a tbsp. of EVO, 1 tsp. of Salt /Pepper and 2 tbsp. of Italian seasoning stir and warm
- Slice the eggplant in thin discs and heat a pan with ¼ cup of EVO
- Fry the eggplant discs until brown on each side seasoning with salt and pepper
- Add a little tomato sauce to a baking dish and begin layering the fried eggplant add a little sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Continue layering the eggplant until complete and top with a little Italian Bread Crumbs or Panko (this creates a nice texture) and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a piece of Aluminum foil with Pam to prevent foil sticking to cheese and cover eggplant.
- Place eggplant into a 350-degree pre heated oven for approximately 30 minutes covered and then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Bring water to boil and place 1 lb. of spaghetti to boiling water
- Heat a saute pan with 1 tbsp. of EVO and add 2 Anchovy fillets to pan, add 1 minced garlic bulb and 2 tbsp. of minced parsley. (The anchovy will melt into pan)
- Add cooked pasta to pan with a ½ cup of pasta water (this will create a creamy quality) and toss. Add salt /pepper to taste.
- Place a handful or 3 oz. of undress arugula greens on plate, place pasta on top of arugula and then add a nice wedge of eggplant, then serve.