Prep Time: 30 minutes | Refrigerate for 2 hours minutes
Cook Time: 8 - 10 Minutes minutes
Number of Servings: 12 bite size snacks
- 1 Cup Chick Peas
- 1 Medium Onion
- Baking Powder
- Pita Bread
- Canola Oil
- Salt /Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Tahini Paste
- Place the can chick peas in bowl and drain off liquid
- Place the chick peas and onion in the bowl of a food processor add 2 tbsp. parsley, 2 tbsp. cilantro, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp. of cumin and process until blended. Do not puree mixture, just combine
- Add 1 tsp. of baking powder and 4 tbsp. of flour and pulse mixture. Add enough flour that dough forms. Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Form mixture into balls using a falafel scoop or spoon.
- In a deep pot heat 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees and fry to test 1 ball. If ball breaks apart add a little flour to mixture.
- Fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and place on paper towel to drain.
- Cut Pita bread into small triangles and serve with a Tzatziki inspired Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Diced Cucumber
- 1/4 cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. of Tahini paste
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and serve on pita bread